Thursday, July 25, 2024

No you can’t check my bag! I’m calling the cops and suing all of you!

I’m learning to keep my mouth shut in retirement! I was at Canadian Tire today buying robot spray paint at 12:45 when a guy cut through the cash I was at trying to leave and my cashier asked to check the green grocery bag he was carrying (there’s a huge screen about them reserving the right to check bags above us). The small dude tells her she’s not checking his bag, keeps going, and she leaves the cash to follow him and gets two other ladies to go with her…. (Uhh… I’ll just wait here then….). She comes back a minute later pissed about the failed bag check, rings me up, makes a mistake, starts again (she’s flustered) and Little dude with the green bag comes back yelling at everybody. Thankfully she got to the Interac part and I can pay. As I’m doing that Little dude is yelling at the three women asking them if they thought he was a thief then “How come ya didn’t call the police!’. He thrusts the green bag at them ‘ Check it!, I’m getting my truck fixed, I just had to go to the bathroom!’. They point at the ‘bag checking’ sign, ask him not to yell, he continues, totally yelling ; ‘You think I’m a thief? I’m calling the cops! I’m gonna sue all of you!’ (I’m not sure if I’m included in this  proposed lawsuit). The ladies are like “We’re calling the cops too!’

I finish up, I ask for a receipt but they’re still yelling…

Little Dude is definitely acting pushy and sketchy. He may or may not be getting his truck fixed but there’s not many reasons to walk around Canadian Tire with an outside grocery bag. He’s black and there’s always the possibility that he gets hassled racially and he’s sick of it because it happens all the time because people suck, but… He was all ‘You can’t look in my bag’ and he goes into the restroom, came out and now he’s all “Look in my bag!” Opening it up and stuff. Shit it looks empty now.. and I’m wondering if maybe they should go check the garbage can in the rest room for any merch… I meet a lot of con artists and one thing I’ve noticed is they GET IN THE FACE of people who call them out (also the “I’ll sue bullshit”). As soon as I see a certain version of it, I’m like… Bullshit, I’m not buying it (this has saved me from all kinds of headaches in the past).. Then again, some people honestly act like that when falsely accused… Hard to tell. The Canadian Tire self-serve has been closed for two months at least and I saw security bust two groups of shoplifters when it was open this year so shoplifting must be off the charts…

I thought about saying this, and then thought that I don’t know shit about that guy’s situation, then about my afternoon plans, there’s no physical danger from Little dude, these ladies got this.. I just shut my mouth and left :-)

This is a new thing for me :-)






No comments: