Friday, July 02, 2010

Combination bird-feeder/bug-zapper

I was over at my parents place for a swim and noticed they got rid of their bug zapper. You know, those wonderful blue glowing cages of electric bug death. The sound of one frying an insect brings back childhood memories of when I was 8 and would fall asleep to the neighbor's taking out insects into the wee hours of the night. It was always exciting when a junebug would get stuck in one. It sounded like someone trying to bring Frankenstein back to life.

So back to my parent's retired bug zapper. They have attached a bird-feeder in it's place. Which gave me an idea. They should make a combination bird feeder/bug zapper.

Only the "brave" birds get something to eat! (it would take care of the squirrel problems at the same time).





No comments: