Monday, March 19, 2007

300 on Imax

I caught the Imax version of 300 last week. It's the best film I've seen in ages. I'm a big fan of Frank Miller's stuff ever since I came across it in the late 80's with his Dark Night Returns Batman stuff. He really has a way with capturing mood with his unique animation style.
Like they did with Sin City, this new director (who had previously helmed a pretty good zombie film) stayed pretty faithful to the comic panels. There is much blood and gore, nasty politics and 300 buff guys running around in speedos impaling persians. And the King's scottish accent, however unspartan it may be, works for me!(grin). A depicted Warrior society that inspects newborn babies and tosses them off cliffs if they don't appear normal is pretty out there.

I don't know if it was the Imax experience that made it better, I'll have to go see it again on a normal screen to be sure.

Check it out!

No comments: