Monday, February 04, 2008

Lots and Lots of Snow!!!!

We've been getting a ton of snow in Ottawa this year. This is Frosty. He's about 5 feet tall and he's up to his neck in our back-yard. It's funny because he lights up at night and all you could see what his head. He's actually buried now, I'll have to send the kids out on a rescue mission.

The other day I drove into work and after an hour and a half I had gotten about 5 kilometers so I decided to call it quits and just turn around and go home. It took 45 minutes to get back to my house and I waited two hours, tried again and got into work around lunch. I snapped a photo of everyone else trying to go west as I was going east. There were cars in the ditch every 500 meters. It never fails. A few inches of snow and the city forgets how to drive. Traffic crawls and people end up in the ditch.

It cost the city 3.2 million to clear the snow that day. Amazing!

No comments: