Sunday, January 21, 2007

Best song title contest on cbc radio 3

I was digging around on the net looking for a clip of Don Ross, my favorite acoustic guitar player, playing something on CBC radio on the 'first Nation' guitar and came across the 'Bucky awards'.

Some of these are pretty damned funny. Sad thing is, they're real! (Personally I like "He Poos clouds" but it didn't win).

BEST SONG TITLE
This Sentence Will Ruin/Save Your Life
Born Ruffians
He Poos Clouds
Final Fantasy
The Truth About Cats & Dogs (Is That They Die)
Pony Up
Your Shitty Record Won't Mix Itself
Shout Out Out Out Out


BEST LYRIC
"My bedroom's worse than the Catholic Church/I'll let anyone in"
The Dudes, Do the Right Thing
"Let's get wrecked on Rolling Rock and stroll down to the sea"
Joel Plaskett Emergency, A Million Dollars
"Did I mention I wouldn't eat meat then/listened to the Smiths too much in Grade 10"
McEnroe, Cereal for Dinner
"You said your girl looked like Drew Barrymore/I met her. She looks like Drew Carey more"
The Wordburglar, Word Owner

1 comment:

Bryce said...

'Shout out out out out' is an Awesome band from Edmonton. I saw them at Zaphod's about 5 months ago and they blew the roof off. They play some wicked dance/punk stuff that you can't help but move too...kind of like the Daft Punk. I was expecting some weak wannabies but these guys rocked. Two drummers...at times three bassists...synths...and a whole lot of energy and sweat. I know being a guitar hero you may not dig it as much Mr Z but they're playing Zaphod's again on March 1, 2007 and you should check them out!