Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Feb 14th show.

Recovered from the crazy-glued fingers and did my two sets today. It went well, except that I led off with Tochigi and played it a zillion times faster than it should be played (or than I am able to play it). Slowed down after a few bars and got it right. Years of performing and I still get the jitters starting off.

I don't know why I don't take my own advice and just start off with a tune I can play in my sleep that has a groove that I can get into off the top, like Drac and freinds part II or something. . But naw.. I have to play the hardest one off the top.

I'll learn..


Some of the other acts were great! Still others were.. interesting.... I guess I kinda get how Kareoke people or guys who play to sequenced keyboards and drums and then stand there after pressing the button doing nothing except singing go over well with the audience. I know they had to program that stuff, but I still find it kind of lame.. But people like it so I guess that's fine.. The new trend is to put your backing tracks on a CD and get the sound guy to play it. At the start of each song the performer says "Track 3 please"... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Way to press that button!!!!

hehehehehehehehehe...

P.S. My other pet peeve is people who use music sheets live when it's an origional song they've composed themselves.. I got no probs using a chart if I'm accompanying someone last minute, or if a cover band has to learn 10 songs in one night to play the next day. I've done it and I'll do it it again, but your own song? C'mon!

If it's not worth remembering, it's probably not worth playing

No comments: