Friday, June 02, 2006

The Davinci Code


I saw the movie adaptation of the Davinci Code this Friday. I liked it. I read the book when it first came out (it's one of the few hardcovers I own). Some of the story exposition was a bit hamfisted, but there's a lot of info to get across. I understand why the Church is in such an uproar over it. It's a work of fiction but the premise is so much more believable than that other story everybody knows, I can see why they might think some would take it as truth. There's probably a lot of truth in there.

What's really sad is when you google the words "Davinci Code" look who paid for the top spot . Of course, you know what that site is gonna be all about..

Great book. Go read it. Don't burn it. They only do that in the US bible belt or Nazi Germany circa 1933 right? And it seems to me, when they start with the books, people soon follow on the menu.

No comments: