Thursday, June 29, 2006

Paul Gilbert on YouTube

So, Youtube.com has pretty much everything you can think of up there, copyright issues be damned! (woohoo). I was looking around and caught 2 minutes and 30 seconds of Paul Gilbert's Intense Rock I, a wild instructional tape that is one of my personal favorites that I know at least half the licks off of. I can't string them together as fast as he does but there's no excuse for that! I should go dust that tape off! If you watch him you'll notice the unnatural affection he has for using his ring finger in wide 3 note per string patterns. It's not natural!!! I use the middle! He's a *&$%#$ FREAK!! (and a guitar god). They love him in Japan like zee Germans love Hasselhoff and soccer Hooligans!

Press the play button to see why he is one of my favorite rock guitarists...

No comments: